Board-Certified NYC Dermatologist
Artistry and empathy is what sets a dermatologist apart beyond just knowledge of the latest products and treatments. Jessica Krant, M.D., MPH is a board-certified dermatologist with specialized experience in cosmetic, laser, surgical, and medical dermatology, but above all, Dr. Krant is most proud to be a caring, comprehensive physician who takes the time to listen and send her patients home with a smile.
Awards and Memberships
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology
- Fellow of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Mohs Surgery
- Certified in Lifestyle Medicine by the American Board of Lifestyle Medicine
- New York Magazine Top Doctor
- Castle Connolly Metro Area and Regional Top Doctor
- New York SuperDoctors®
- Best of Manhattan Award in Dermatology
- Westchester County Top Doctor Recognition
- B. Harvard College (magna cum laude)
- D. from Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons (with Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honors Society recognition)
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Columbia University
- Internship at Lenox Hill Hospital
- Dermatology residency at SUNY Downstate Medical Center
- American College of Mohs Surgery fellowship
Career and Clinical Experience
As Assistant Clinical Professor of Dermatology for 18+ years, Dr. Krant has taught dermatology residents at SUNY Downstate Medical Center where she was chosen by residents for the Dermatology Teaching Award. Additionally, Dr. Krant served as the only dermatologist on Consumer Reports’ exclusive Medical Advisory Board and is highly involved in public health education. She also brings her passion for artistry and education to her private practice.
Outside the clinical setting, Dr. Krant is a Delegate to the American Medical Association representing dermatologic surgeons and their patients nationwide, and proudly serves on the Surgical Caucus Executive Committee, working with physicians nationwide with the goal of protecting quality healthcare access for patients. Dr. Krant has also been an educator for the Skin Cancer Foundation.
Dr. Krant is Secretary of the Board of the New York County Medical Society and a former member of the Board of the Westchester County Medical Society, the AAD’s Congressional Policy and State Policy Committees, and the Professional Conduct Committee of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery where she personally updated ethics guidelines for dermatologic surgeons nationwide. Dr. Krant also regularly speaks to legislators in Albany and Washington about health reform and protecting access to safe, quality care.
Along with her practice in traditional cosmetic, laser, and medical dermatology, Dr. Krant incorporates the latest in integrative dermatology practices including lifestyle modification, nutrition, and their impact on our whole well-being in terms of health, diseases, and anti-aging. Due to her work in this arena and her board-certification in Lifestyle Medicine, Dr. Krant is honored to serve on the Medical Advisory Board of Plant Powered Metro New York.
Save Your Own Skin Podcast
Dr. Krant dives into all things skin care, dermatology, and healthy living in her new podcast! Learn more info here.
Schedule a Consultation
Dr. Krant provides exceptional, world-class dermatological care at our New York City office. To schedule a visit, we invite you to contact us by calling or requesting an appointment by filling out our online form.